- Churchover solar
- Churchover turbines
- Wolvey Wolf turbines
- Copston Magna turbines
- The Arguments
- Response to McAlpine/RES
- Wind Economics
- Property Values
- Noise & Health
- Landscape Assessment
- Ecology & Wildlife
- CPRE new windfarm report
- Recommended Reading
- Sources of Information
- About Us
- BBC bias on climate change
- Latest News
- Climate change balance lost by BBC
- Energy Prices-The Times
- Turbines trash landscape benefit billionaires
- Global Warming Panic Over!
- Mini-Nukes the future
- The dirty secret of Britain's power madness
- Extreme weather the new Global Warming
- Tax Payers Alliance Energy view
- Britain can't afford wind power
- Fracking = prosperity?
- Its time to drill- Times leader
- Thoughtful article on Fracking
- Wind double subsidised
- Deluded energy policy
- The EU U-turn over energy
- Windfarm Wars Company in Churchover
- New noise guidance increases risk of harm
- Peter Lilley MP, Delingpole's new hero
- Shale Gas update 2013
- Maggie U-turned on Global Warming
- Devastatingly sad news
- 'smart' energy technology
- Engineers surveyed 2011
- Lord Turnbull speaks out
- Miracle shale gas
- Planning application refused!
- Warwickshire heritage beauty spot protected!
- How To Help
- Letters of Objection
- New Churchover PC Objection
- New Historic England Objection
- Churchover Resident Objection
- CPRE Objection
- English Heritage Objection
- Objection by expert R&F historian
- Leicestershire County Council objection
- Warwicks CC Ecology objection
- Harborough District Objection
- Churchover PC Objection
- Bitteswell PC Objection
- Pailton PC objection
- Some other Objections sent
- Rugby BC Planning Committee
- Contact Us
Warwickshire heritage beauty spot protected!
Churchover celebrates and toasts the Duke of Edinburgh
The Duke of Edinburgh and his anti-windfarm comments were toasted by the villagers of Churchover (see photo below) as they celebrated winning the fight against Scottish and Southern Energy’s proposal to build wind turbines across one of Warwickshire’s heritage beauty spots, the meandering Swift Valley below the conservation village of Churchover.
Six months ago Rugby Borough planning unanimously rejected the plans and this week it was announced that the developers had run out of time to appeal.
Mr Lorne Smith, chairman of ASWAR (Against Subsidised Windfarms Around Rugby) www.aswar.org.uk said:
We have won a significant battle but it was not the end of the war. ASWAR had realised from early days that this was not just a NIMBY issue and we set out to convince the wider public they also needed to fight against the subsidised windfarm scam.
He praised politicians like Roger Helmer MEP and Chris Heaton-Harris MP, both of whom sent personal messages of congratulations, who have helped, along with Lord Lawson, to lead the national shift in sentiment against subsidised windfarms.
He commended people to have a day in London on April 18th and join the National Windfarm Lobby of parliament to help put some back-bone into MPs attempts at changing this government’s disastrous energy policy before the lights start going out like a third world country, the countryside is devastated and fuel poverty increases further.
He felt a tipping point had been reached when 106 MPs had demanded recently that the government should slash windfarm subsidises and with anger increasing across the Shires, the government should listen to the people.